Sunday, January 13, 2013

By Their Cover

acityReader gallery of the book world

I used to feel self-conscious using my film camera in bookstores. I was told more than a few times I couldn’t take pictures. Now I’ve got a good little digital camera I can carry in my pants pocket. I can less noticeably snap a shot of some stack of books or some cover that arrests me. I can even page through an art or photo book and get a shot of a beautiful page. I’m compelled, it seems, to take such pictures.

I’m putting them on my blog (acityreader.blogspot.com) and on my Facebook page. Not all at once. One at a time. Some are of store windows. Some inside stores. Some from my apartment, or other places, when it strikes me. It’s not a vanity project. Just a sharing of pictures of books that grabbed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment