Tuesday, January 8, 2019


http://img5a.flixcart.com/image/book/5/1/0/the-snow-leopard-original-imaeymygve5jpfgr.jpeg

It was cold again today holding the sign. I thought of the same-every-day warm breakfast I'd make when I got back to my apartment. But mostly the cold was on my mind. Among the cold things that came to mind standing there I thought of Peter Matthiessen's The Snow Leopard, a book that means so much to me --I've read it three times--that one of the passwords I use incorporates the title. 

When I walk from the subway to my building after I've held the sign, I stop at the bodega to get a New York Times and a banana and an orange. I do it every day. The young woman with a wide face and an easy humorous smile who often works behind the counter and takes my money, $4.75, is from Tibet. She was there today.

No comments:

Post a Comment