Sunday, April 7, 2019


The bus I took on Saturday morning from Boston where I'd gone to see an old friend had no power outlets that were working even though wifi and comfy seats with outlets are what they sell to make their buses seem cool to college student types going between the two cities and the one stop in New Haven. Usually the college kids are typing away on their MacBooks. I brought my laptop too. On the trip up, next to the window, I read the copy of the Times I'd brought with me and I also looked at stuff online. On the way back, with no outlet and an almost-charge-empty laptop which I had figured I'd charge on the bus, I read the morning paper and parts of two good books that I'd crammed into my backpack and sometimes I looked out the window like when I was in college. 

No comments:

Post a Comment