Monday, May 13, 2019




'Our freedom to say or write whatever we please in this country is holy to me. It is a rare privilege not only on this planet, but throughout the universe, I suspect. And it is not something somebody gave us. It is a thing we give to ourselves.
 

'Meditation is holy to me, for I believe that all the secrets of existence and nonexistence are somewhere in our heads--or in other people's heads.

'And I believe that reading and writing are the most nourishing forms of meditation anyone has so far found.

'By reading the writings of the most interesting minds in history, we meditate with our own minds and theirs as well.

'This to me is a miracle.'  

                                                                  

― Kurt Vonnegut Jr., Palm Sunday: An Autobiographical Collage

No comments:

Post a Comment