Saturday, August 15, 2020


Every night I set the alarm on my phone for 5:55 and 6:00 a.m. The two rings get me out of bed if I’m not already up because I couldn’t sleep well enough to sleep that late. Some mornings during this pandemic when you live alone you’re not sure what day it is. This morning I turned ESPN radio on as I do every morning first thing and I was miffed over the announcer’s voice. Where are the regular guys? I wondered. Then I realized it was Saturday. 

I opened my door and there was The New York Times. Saturday’s home-delivered edition comes with some Sunday sections. Arts, the Magazine, the Book Review. I sat down and started going through the big paper on the couch. I’d make breakfast later. I kept the radio talkers on not very loud. I spent almost two hours with the paper. Perfect start to the morning. When I was a kid I’d get up and go right out to the kitchen to look at the sports page. I get almost the same rush today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment