Tuesday, January 11, 2011


Me Got an iPhone!

Did it change my (the) world?

My laptop screen broke. I was going away before Christmas. I had to have something to check my email on. I’m a little bit obsessed that way. I’ve got buddies and kids I like/need to hear from. So that was the tipping point. I bought a shiny, smooth little iPhone. Not giddily. I’m too old for that. I’ve had it a month. I’ve bought not one app. No free ones even. I don’t play games. It’s a phone and an email-box for me. And a snazzy alarm clock. I like it.
But I’m not going to read [ital]The New York Times[ital] on it. I’m just not. I don’t care if the [ital]Times[ital] has formatted itself to fit the phone. I like my walk in the morning darkness to get the paper. I like the way it looks under lamplight when I bring it back in the apartment with my cup of coffee in a paper cup. It’s a stunningly-designed vehicle that is bracing to hold. It gets as broken-in as pajamas as you read through it. I recommend going back to it, if you’ve left it.

No comments:

Post a Comment