Thursday, July 23, 2015


Fifth day back on the street with the sign after Wyoming. Nothing alters the sign’s
mandate for me to hold it there every day that I can.

Three comments today:

Bright, tall guy. He‘s walking by, grinning in a well-educated way at the sign,  and says proudly, competitively, ‘In Canada, we do that.’

Black woman stops her car in the far lane, rolls down her window, smiles at me, puts both arms out and raises them high, her large palms catching the morning sun. ‘Praise the Lord,’ she says so people can hear. ‘God Bless You.'

A 50-something guy with a wide smile in a straw hat and blazer that David Hockney might wear on a sunny day says, ‘How can I help you? What can I do?” I said ‘I don’t know. I don’t really know what I’m doing. I just want the words to get in the air.’ He nodded. He knew what I meant.
He said, ‘It’s inspiring.’

No comments:

Post a Comment