Wednesday, November 7, 2018


http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/19680767.jpg

I'm at the local library. I still come here to use one of their computers even though my dropped-and-broken laptop has been replaced. I like having to go out. When I was a kid in a small rural town of just 2000 people, we had to go to the post office to get our mail. When that changed and mail started being delivered everyone thought that was progress. I was in grade school when that happened. I felt sad. I liked going to the post office and opening our box with its combination, like a sake-cracker. I liked looking at the wanted posters. I liked the posters advertising commemorative stamps. I liked that I might see someone I knew there. I could tell my mother liked that too. Now everything gets delivered.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment