Thursday, February 3, 2022

 

EVERYONE LOVES A SNOW DAY but we had a few of them recently. Snow and cold. And I didn’t enjoy being stuck inside after being mostly stuck inside during the pandemic. So I almost went out with my sign in the light rain today. Only almost. Even drizzle could ruin the sign. Tomorrow might be raining again. I hate to miss a day with the sign. It gets me up and going in the morning. I set my alarm for 5:30. I drink a big glass of hot water first thing because I read some Asian guy who said to. It cleans out toxins he says. I meditate then go to the lobby and get the Times that’s there in a stack for me. Not many people get one. A dozen maybe 15 in a 20-story building. I spend a little more than an hour with the paper before I have to get ready to go get a subway downtown. Less than a 10-minute ride. I see people downtown who walk by the sign and me everyday. Some smile through their mask and nod in agreement. Some look right past/through me every day. I believe the sign’s message and even the ones who seem to ignore it must too. Some cars beep and give a thumbs up.


No comments:

Post a Comment