Thursday, March 31, 2022

 


The branch library two and a half blocks from where I live I go to every day it’s open. It’s not open on Sunday but it should be. I go at 1:00 and stay for an hour or two. Even some days like today when I’m tired from poor sleep last night. The ceilings are wonderfully higher than mine or yours. The lights are brighter than either of us have. The windows are maybe 10-feet tall and you can see the street. Books are on all the shelves. I bring my coffee in a thermos. I bring this laptop and the big book I’m reading and a Moleskine. I look on the new book shelf every day. There’s a big new book on Watergate I’d like to look at. While looking for that I see other books. I wish the library branches were open later here. I’d come in the evening. Students would too. There’s always some display. This month it’s Women’s History. I like the look of books. I like to see the people who come in. Some come every day like me. Some come to read the newspaper. The guy in the photo came for the papers. The orange of his coat caught my eye. 


No comments:

Post a Comment