Thursday, September 11, 2014

Old and New Again
Fresh editions of classic books are sweet


I have four paperback copies of Ulysses in my apartment, actually maybe five (the place is a little messy), each with a different cover, and a different size slightly. That’s why I have four (or five). I’ve found each new package irresistible.

We all like buying stuff. Books are what I like to browse among and choose among. You may like to do that with wine or regional beers or music or expensive foreign fashion magazines or tennis shoes. Some people can’t resist a flea market.


The newest copy of Ulysses, this one in the picture, is designed by Peter Mendelsund. Google him, and look at his other covers. He’s got a new book out about design. It’s good looking. It’ll be in your bookstore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment