Monday, August 20, 2018



I lean the sign in its Kinko’s bag against the inside of my apartment door. I do this every night. If I’m lying in bed in the dark and remember that I forgot to do that, I get up and move it there. I don’t want to forget it somehow and walk out the door in the morning without it. I wouldn’t do that of course. It’s a long habit now. But I honor the sign and my luck to be the one who gets to hold up its message by propping it right there. I have a Tibetan laminated holy saying above the door that I got at a Buddhist fair once. I don’t remember what it says, but it is a protection of some kind.  It’s been up there for more than a few years. I’m used to it being there. I like the colors. I have no faith though that it will ward off evil. I never think of it at night or in the morning like I do the sign.  


No comments:

Post a Comment