Thursday, October 24, 2019




I know I’m lucky to have my sign to tote downtown every morning. Two mornings ago I found myself grinning to myself as I was walking up the stairs out of the subway with my sign under my arm to go hold it again. I believe in the sentence on the sign. I’ll stand by the period not a question mark. This morning a guy my age who taught forever in the city schools stopped to talk. Later a younger guy who works in the building for the Dept. of Education stopped to gush about the sign’s message. I didn’t get five hours sleep last night because the shoulder keeps me on my back which doesn’t work for me. It’s that way every night now. Some mornings when the phone’s alarm goes off at 6:00 I lie there and think about maybe not going downtown with the sign that morning. But I always go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment