Tuesday, October 6, 2020

As I stood looking over my unmade bed early this morning just after my feet hit the floor I noticed I was happy and I thought about that for a few seconds and recognized that I’m always happy like that when I first get up and I determined that that was because the newspaper was waiting for me outside the door. I’d heard it land there a few minutes before. Since I was a kid knowing that there was a morning newspaper with a sports page out in the kitchen I’ve been happy inside when I get up. A few months before the pandemic I stopped getting a morning paper in kind of an experiment to be like everybody else who made do with the the online version of a paper. I like the online version too. I subscribe to online papers and all sorts of other good digital publications and for a few months I was doing fine without an actual paper. I was saving money too and I was saving the trees if not many. Pretty quickly I missed it. Pretty quickly I realized I was on the computer enough already. It’s a special thing to get a newspaper in the morning. I’ve looked at two of the four sections so far today. It’s sitting right next to me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment